The tournaments obviously have to be delayed, and the District 8 Council met on Sunday, January 3 to set new tentative dates which are displayed on the calendar to the right.
These dates may change, based on new directives from the Governor or MAHA.
If the governor allows us to play hockey after January 15, the regularly-scheduled CUP League games will be played if at all possible, and associations can try to re-schedule missed games.
We just aren't going to be keeping standings or awarding trophies, because it is going to be impossible for everyone to make up all the games that were missed, and so we will not be able to fairly determine champions.
There is not enough time to play enough games, so we will not be collecting scores, keeping standings, or awarding trophies this year.
If/when the lockdown is lifted, we hope that associations will be able to play as many games as possible that were scheduled, for fun and as "exhibition games."
In-person scheduling meeting due to occur on October 25 is cancelled.
Citizen's Forum is not available due to COVID, and it is not clear that the group size would be legal indoors anyhow. Alternative arrangements are being made via email with the schedulers.
Ahead of the meeting minutes, I am being asked about District and Regional Tournament sites and dates. These were TENTATIVELY agreed upon in the Spring Zoom meeting. We did not select dates for the B/BB Districts. This will all be finalized at the Fall District Zoom meeting on October 24.
Regionals: Escanaba and Iron River, January 8-10.
A/AA Districts: Calumet, January 29-31
B/BB Districts, all dates TBA:
Again, these will all be finalized and dates will be selected on October 24.